Wednesday, September 22, 2010

7-20-4 Torpedo

Dear Diary,



Size: 6 1/8 x 52
Wrapper: Brazil
Binder: Costa Rica
Filler: Nicaragua, Honduras, Mexico, Columbia

Pre-light- A slant cut with my Palio. Late afternoon, 70°, right before sunset. This wrapper smells of cocoa and it's dark and toothy. The foot smells like cedar and has a nice easy draw. Consistant in color and no taste left on the lips.

First 1/4, right off the light, this cigar has a nice taste. The finish reminds me of a fresh rolled cigar. An even burn with a nice amount of smoke. Medium to full bodied. Light grey ash.

1/2 way in, it starts to smooth out drastically. Medium body, great nutty taste. It has a slight cedar note to the finish.

Last 1/4 this cigar surprised me and turned into a spicy bomb. It did go out and I relit it, but it just became very spicy on the tongue.

All in all this was a nice cigar. Medium to full bodied. I had the pleasure of meeting the Kendall's at the IPCPR and they were a very nice and down to earth couple. Exactly what I like to see in a cigar manufacturer. While we talked with Kurt's wife, Mame, I smoked the 'Dog Walker'. A petit corona. It took a good 45 minutes (good long walk for the dog) to smoke. Also a very good cigar. I think we'll be seeing a lot of good cigars in the future from the 7-20-4 factory.

Regards,
ShibumiCigar


- Posted by Jeff Kreisberg

No comments:

Post a Comment